General Description of Position
Analyzes user specifications and requirements. Encodes, tests, debugs, and documents programs on moderately complex projects. Ability to diagnose current applications assuring integrity of the data. May assist the Sr. Information Systems Programmer on large, complex projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures, used in computer programming.
- Proficiency in the use of one or more specific technologies used at Hytrol.
- Develop, test, update, maintain & document computer programs.
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, time and compatibility with other programs and applications.
- Develops and maintains plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs.
- Designs and codes screen layouts, printed outputs and interfaces with other systems.
- Analyzes code to find causes or errors and revises programs.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems or questions about problems.
- Supports production systems on an "as needed" basis.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Education and Experience
Knowledge of specialized field (however acquired), such as basic accounting, computer, etc. Equivalent of four years in high school, plus night, trade extension, or correspondence school specialized training , equal to two years of college, plus 2 years related experience and/or training, and 1 to 6 months related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.