General Description of Position
Develop and configure control packages using Programmable Logic Controllers and other devices for conveyors being sold.
Essential Job Functions
- PLC programming - develop software package to control specific conveyor equipment or entire systems.
- Design electrical panel containing electrical hardware to support the control package and provide needed assistance to person building the electrical panel.
- Travel to job site and configure control package for specific customers' requirements.
- Work with applications group and customers in understanding actual requirements in order to quote and supply controls package to meet specific job requirements.
- Provide electrical and controls support for conveyor lab equipment being used for show or testing.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Education and Experience
Technical degree required in such disciplines as Computer Engineering, CPA, etc, plus 12 to 18 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.