General Description of Position
Welds components of conveyors that will be used to build conveyors. Operates the wire welder (wire speed and temperature settings). Welds the components as directed by the blue prints.
Essential Job Functions
- Operates the welder (wire speed and temperature settings).
- Performs daily basic maintenance of welding equipment, especially the tip / nozzle.
- Sets up welding jigs, reads blueprints to identify.
- Sets the wire feed, the voltage and the gas flow meter as directed by the blue prints and the gauges of material.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Education and Experience
High school, plus specialized schooling and/or on the job education in a specific skill area; e.g. data processing, clerical/administrative, equipment operation, etc, plus 0 to 6 months related experience or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.