General Description of Position
Coordinate all aspects of the operation associated with occupational health, safety and environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for coordination, administration and effective validation of required safety and environmental training for all employees and contract workers.
- Responsible for analysis, monitoring and reporting of elements involved in environmental regulatory compliance and community responsibility.
- Conduct regular audits and inspections of the facility to identify existing or potential accident and health hazards and ensure safety and environmental program compliance
- Identify corrective or preventative measures as appropriate. Coordinate completion of effective action plans.
- Facilitate Emergency Response actions and provide leadership and support for First Responder involved in first aid or emergency medical cases.
- Coordinate CIH testing and monitoring of noise levels and air quarterly.
- Administer hearing conservation program.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Education and Experience
Knowledge of a specialized field (however acquired), such as basic accounting, computer, etc. Equivalent of four years in high school, plus night, trade extension, or correspondence school specialized training, equal to two years of college, plus 7 to 11 months related experience and/or training, and 1 to 6 months related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.